About the Position:
The 310T Licensed Technician (T4) performs major and technically difficult diagnostics, repairs, and overhauls/rebuilds in a timely manner; ensuring quality, time standards, customer expectations, cost guidelines and reliability goals are met. The T4 works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and mentors other Ryder technicians on a regular basis. The Technician IV provides the highest level of experience and expertise in vehicle diagnostics and repair. The position also plays a key role in the leadership, development and training of other grade technicians. The T4 may specialize in areas such as: refrigeration, electronics, exhaust systems, etc., and should possess a combination of extensive vehicle transportation experience, ASE certifications, and/or multiple Ryder Qualifications.
Type: Full-Time, Perm
Wage: $35 - $36 per hour, paid weekly
Shifts: Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm to 11:00pm, Fridays: Noon to 8:00pm.
- Weekly pay.
- Excellent benefits package after 30 days.
- 10 days of Paid Time Off in your first year (on top of your regular vacation pay!)
- Boot Voucher
- Retirement Pension Plans.
- Stock options.
- A safe, friendly and respectful working environment.
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs complex repairs with minimal (if any) support.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Diagnoses and repairs complex mechanical and electronic problems with minimal (if any) support, utilizing diagnostic computers/software when applicable.
- Performs remote triage with RCRC and customers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns.
- Instructs and advises other technicians regarding maintenance repair procedures and diagnostics
- Coaches/Mentors other level technicians
- Advise shop management and other technicians on shop repairs
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation availableWorks in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- 310T license is required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Four (4) years or more experience in performing advanced mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment required
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with advanced diagnostics, overhaul and repair of all vehicle components and systems
- Perform all entry level tasks, road test vehicles as necessary
- Ability to read and/or listen and understand information and ideas communicated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Available for on call duty and work shift work/weekend
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Feel free to click on the following link to learn about a day in the life of a Diesel Mechanic
Should you have any questions about this job, application process etc., please feel free to contact our recruiter according to the information below:
Recruiter: Kathy Zhang:
Phone:+1 819 412 4813 ( this phone number can only receive text message or voicemail, we will respond to your questions asap)
Email: nan[email protected]\_
Business Hours: M to F, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST
Job Category: Technicians
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00-$41.65 per hour