Fantastic Opportunity to Be Part of a Great Team!
Roofmart, Canada’s National distributor for Exterior Building Supply for Roofing, Siding, Metal and Building Envelope. With over 50 Roofmart locations across Canada, we are strategically positioned to handle all our customer needs. We are looking for Enthusiastic, Driven, Outside of the Box Thinkers to help us grow our business.
We are looking for Enthusiastic, Driven, Outside of the Box Thinkers to help us grow our business. In the specialized role of Health and Safety Trainer, you will be a valuable and key member of our Roofmart team.
This position is responsible for leading and facilitating Health and Safety Training. This position will report to the Health and Safety Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead by example, complying with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Plan, organize and effectively conduct Health and Safety Training ensuring legislative requirements are met and update training matrix
- Deliver the information in a clear and motivational manner ensuring participants understand the material and are motivated to comply with what is taught
- Evaluate and assess training effectiveness
- Work collaboratively with Managers
- Assist in revising and updating the existing curriculum as required
- Assist in developing new training programs and in the preparation of new training materials that meet established standards
- Maintain and organize a clean training environment
- Assist in the implementation of Health and Safety programs with the goal to reduce workplace injuries
- Report any breaches of legislative regulations or company policies to management
Experience and Skills
- Post-Secondary Education in Health and Safety Management preferred
- 3-5 years of Health and Safety experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Good knowledge of laws, regulations and standards governing occupational health and safety
- Good knowledge of the major risks associated with commercial vehicles, machine safety, lockout/tagout, working at heights, chemical management and ergonomics
- Certified Train the Trainer in Forklift Operation
- Certified Train the Trainer in First Aid
- Good organization skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, and Windows Applications
Roofmart is a growing company; you will have opportunities for growth and development. Working at Roofmart opens the door to many opportunities.
Our company offers competitive incentive programs including bonuses, education, RRSP, and an attractive benefit package.
If you are interested in joining the Roofmart family, please email your resume to
Benefits of Employment: Roofmart recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of Roofmart is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with Roofmart. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, Roofmart. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: Roofmart is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Roofmart encourages and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.