JOB REPORTS TO: Construction Manger
As lead carpenter you will be tasked to but not limited to repairs, new installs and completing work orders to ensure quality products for our end user. Advancement in our company will also offer movement towards supervisor roles in certain settings.
RED DOT RESTORATION Specializes in the repair and reconstruction of properties damaged by fire, smoke, water or other peril. Working directly with the insurance companies, we respond 24 hours a day to emergencies, and pride ourselves on helping to restore a home or business and enjoy a superior reputation for excellent work and customer service. Within this position we are not seeking someone on call.
· Steel and wood framing
· Installation of baseboards, casings, mouldings, and door jambs.
· Custom jamb and door milling for steel and wood jambs.
· Cut, shape, and assemble wood, composition, and/or plastic sections.
· Basic cabinet assembly/ installation.
· Painting and stain application on baseboards, walls, and other stock/panels.
· Drywall installation, patching, and repair.
· Ceiling/wall texture application.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge and experience using various tools including but not limited to mitre saws, bench saw, sanders, pneumatic fasteners etc.
· Must be able to take direction, yet still make decisions on site when necessary.
· Painting experience
· Framing experience
· Drywall boarding, mudding, and taping & repairs and texture application.
· Level of self-initiative.
· Carpenter must supply all required tools for their daily tasks.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
· Must be able to work in all types of conditions (hot, cold, wet and dusty)
· Must be able to work Monday through Friday as determined by business necessity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$36.00 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2A 2L5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- carpentry: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person