1661 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB
Full-time, 12-month term contract
If you have attention to detail, curiosity, a willingness to learn quickly and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment, we have an opportunity for you. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Specialist provides support and advise to employees and management in areas of performance management, learning and development, recruitment and selection, perks and policies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performance Management: overseeing the performance management program including training and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the organization.
- Recruitment & Selection: analyzing recruiting needs, editing job descriptions, posting internally and to external job boards, reviewing applications, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and participating in interviews, preparing offer letters.
- Learning & Development: organising different training events, analyzing training needs through needs-assessment process; identify, recommend, and support the implement innovative and cost-effective learning solutions, and providing training to new hires, management, and all staff on internal learning system.
- HR Administration: evaluating different HR programs and reviewing policies, procedures, and providing recommendations for improvements. Providing back up for Payroll.
- Assist the HR Director in the preparation of the annual budget, salary reviews, salary letters, benefit statements, engagement survey, and other initiatives.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and superior attention to detail
- Superior planning and time management skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Strong decision-making, conflict resolutions, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Employment Legislation and Human Rights, and other applicable legislations. Ability to interpret and apply provincial legislation as it relates to employment.
- Strong computer skills (Outlook; MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline, CHRP designation is preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of HR generalist experience covering a wide range of human resources practice and project management experience.
Why work at CCGA?
- Work-life balance. Hybrid work model
- Competitive salaries, reviewed annually
- Comprehensive benefits package, fully paid by CCGA. Includes:
- Coverage for health, prescriptions, vision, and dental care
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Physical Wellness Credit
- Virtual Health Service
- Group RRSP with employer-matched contributions
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities for learning & development
- Perkopolis employee discount program
- Business casual dress code
- Convenient location
- Opportunities to participate on Social Committee, Health & Safety Committee, and Engagement Committee
Who is CCGA?
Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA) is a champion for Canadian canola farmers – advocating for them, shaping policies that impact their farm businesses, and delivering services that address the opportunities or challenges that they face.
We carry an unwavering respect for the agriculture industry and the remarkable people who live it every day. This commitment, backed by decades of experience, enables us to enact positive change and help farmers unlock their growth potential.
We are the largest administrator of the Advance Payments Program, offering this financial program to close to 10,000 farmers in Western Canada each year.
How to apply
If you have the experience, skills, and drive to excel in this role we are inviting you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter by September 29, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.