We want you to join our customer centric team whose passion it is to Empower Digital workplaces!
At Ricoh, we aren't satisfied with keeping pace with today's complex work environments, we are setting the pace. We are reimagining the workplace.
Our high-performance workplace is powered by a team that thrives. We offer a friendly culture with a focus on wellbeing and work life balance. Flexible work options, a time off purchase program, great physical and mental health benefits, employee discount and recognition programs are only some of the advantages of working at Ricoh.
We are a family that promotes positive manager relationships and on-going learning & development that nurtures professional growth and career advancement.
Discover what you are capable of in an environment where your growth is supported, and your success is celebrated.
The Service Technician services and repairs a variety of office equipment at customer locations, usually within a specific geographic area.May be viewed as specialist on certain products. Additional responsibilities may include Team Lead/Coordinator Role.
- Performs a full range of servicing and repair service procedures including troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair, installation, removal and retrofits of a core set of highly complex multi-functional devices;
- Enabling multi-functional devices to print and scan per customer requirements;
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment;
- Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships;
- May provide 2ndlevel technical support to other technicians;
- Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience;
- Actively drives revenue generating opportunities through supply leads, contract sales, network support contract leads, equipment and print assessment leads;
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned;
- May conduct technical seminars and on-the-job training for new and experienced technicians as required
- Serves as a role model and exhibits professional appearance and behavior at all times, under the most difficult situations.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Effectively handles the most difficult customer situations.
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all customer and company personnel.
Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education in the area of technical specialization
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, including a minimum of 2 years as a Technology Service Consultant I
- Requires 1 Industry Certification and sustained (at least 2 years) of meets or exceeds performance level. (Comptia Net+ or Comptia A+)
Skills & Abilities:
- Requires an excellent working knowledge of electro-mechanical devices and electronics
- Requires "solid" knowledge of assigned equipment
- Skilled methodical approach to resolving problems
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to follow up to ensure closure of issues
- Skilled ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and take initiative to improve the customer experience
- Strong attention to detail and good visual skills for assessing image quality
- Ability to access/service equipment which may be in low, high, cramped or otherwise inconvenient locations
- Ability to act diplomatically in a professional corporate environment
- Be highly organized with excellent time management
- Continuously upgrading knowledge of Ricoh products
- Requires a valid driver's license and as applicable, a minimum level of auto insurance coverage per RICOH policy for positions utilizing personal vehicles while for company business.
- Extensive daily travel in an automobile between customer locations is usually required. Assignment of a "walking territory" within a limited urban area would require extensive travel by foot.
- Shift work, overtime, stand-by and/or on-call may be required.
- Physical effort is required to move objects on wheels that may weigh up to 400 pounds and be able to lift and carry objects that weigh up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and lifting when installing equipment, i.e. computers, controllers, color laser copiers, projectors, etc. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service equipment at floor level.
- Tool cases and assorted service related tools weighing in the range of 25 to 50 pounds must be carried to a variety of machine locations.
- A high level of dexterity is required in the regular use of a variety of hand tools. These tools will include, but are not limited to, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and some electronic testing equipment. There is an emphasis on fine-motor skills for work on small electronic and mechanical components.
Ricoh is an information management and digital services company connecting technology, processes, and people in progressive business around the world. Ricoh is a recognized leader in document workflow, process automation, digital transformation, and security. Every day our 90,000+ global employees work with big and small companies' optimizing their end-to-end business solutions.