Department: Strategy and Innovation
Salary Range: $62,160 - $77,699
Posting Date: September 11, 2023
Reporting to the Manager, Process Improvement, Strategy and Innovation, the incumbent is responsible for designing and facilitating team-based business process improvement initiatives focused on enhancing institutional efficiency, effectiveness and capacity while leveraging opportunities to save time, reduce workload, redirect resources and enhance the overall quality of the student experience at Georgian College. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and presenting proposals and/or business plans on a range of issues related to information technology (or its use) to include problem identification, costs, benefits and options
- Conducting or overseeing needs business analysis, feasibility studies, cost / benefit analysis of requests for applications, information systems or related applications
- Responsible for the planning, designing, acquisition, implementation of new or changed administrative systems software
- Elicits business and system requirements through conducting or leading interviews, group (focus) meetings, workshops and job shadowing
- Documents analysis, use cases and scenarios following best practices. Developing workflow and process flow diagrams and identify improvement opportunities with the ability to deliver effective presentations
- Working closely with functional areas, to optimize business processes and systems to improve departmental as well as cross-departmental functions
- Providing leadership on small to mid-size operational initiatives and drives the requirements definition on implementations of or enhancements to software applications and their integrations
- Working with IT and key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Performing functional analysis and design, defining, and documenting detailed business requirements
- Participating in the systems implementation process by reviewing acceptance criteria, QA test strategy and ensuring post-implementation support
- Preparing cost-benefit analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation and able to create business solutions/system design that increase competitive advantage
- Translating customer business goals and objectives into strategy and tactical plans
- Determining user needs, and proposes systems solutions based on requirements
- Guiding small to medium size project teams, develops detailed project plans, schedules and budgets
- Managing the day to day operational and tactical aspects of small to medium scale projects including priority and goal setting
- Co-ordinating and maintaining project control processes
- Playing a central role in project planning and implementation from design/prototype phases through to system roll-out; ensures on time and on-budget implementation
- Providing project leadership to unit staff/project teams/vendors/system analysts/consultants
- Utilizing extensive knowledge of PMBOK, project management methodologies and practices, from conception through to completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Successfully completed a two-year postsecondary diploma/degree in Business, Information Technology, Project Management, Information Management Science or a related field
- Designation in Process Improvement (Lean Management, 6 Sigma) is an asset
- PMP (Project Management Professional) is an asset
- A minimum of five years’ experience in applying continuous quality improvement methodologies
- Experience in facilitating, developing and implementing business process redesign projects, specifically in business process mapping, analysis and design
- Experience in project management and group facilitation
- Experience in applying change management strategies in large, complex organizations
- Experience in preparing written materials to communicate concepts, plans and results to various audiences. Written materials would include: proposals, briefings, reports, newsletters, articles and bulletins
- Well-versed with software development life-cycle and development practices, technical aspects of RPA development.
- Experience working closely with technical (IT) staff in the implementation of software or processes
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience in relationship building and team leadership
- Sound working knowledge of various methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma & Project Management
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Georgian College has introduced FLEX Work for some positions. This position is currently eligible for Hybrid Work. FLEX Work agreements will be determined between the employee and manager when employment commences and may change in accordance with the FLEX Work guidelines. All employees are required to permanently reside in the province of Ontario.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. September 24, 2023. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.