Our Operations team works to provide a positive experience for all of our guests and associates. As the Director of Operations, your contributions ensure we meet or exceeding guest, brand and associate expectations.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Operations, you would be responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. You are also responsible for assisting the General Manager in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the AV, Food & Beverage, and Administrative functions at the conference centre.
- Ensure adherence to safety and quality standards throughout the conference centre.
- Oversee the sales and catering system and build relationships with key customers.
- Communicate daily with all departments and associates, VIP’s, and other clients, to remain informed and involved.
- Manage partner and supplier relationships (Building Management, Catering Company, Cleaning Services, etc.)
- Work with the General Manager and other stakeholders to address any general maintenance and capital related items.
- Ensure the purchase order system and check-book accounting procedures are followed and that budgeted productivity levels are maintained.
- Develop associates in current roles and for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Lead onsite hiring and onboarding in partnership with the HR Manager, People & Culture.
- Ensure implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Long hours sometimes required
- Perform light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Exposure to the stresses of a fast paced work environment with changing priorities in a position responsible for change management.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.