Come join our outstanding team at RDJ Bakeries.
We are Canada’s manufacturer for high value crackers! We support our retail partners around the globe to establish the best quality product.
RDJ Bakeries Ltd is currently looking for an Engineering Student to join our growing dayshift team.
Responsible for engineering and mechanical projects by managing day to day engineering and technical aspects of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The associate’s primary functions and responsibilities are as follows:
- Acts with integrity and protect sensitive data confidentiality.
- Assist in projects through the project management lifecycle
- Complete all project-related documentation and deliverables
- Monitor, and manage the project lifecycle
- Research potential solutions and gather information for projects
- Organize and attend meetings with internal stakeholders
- Maintain constant follow up with appropriate managers/directors on status of current and ongoing assigned projects.
- Identify specific safety hazards associated with planned activities.
- Follow Health and Safety rules and regulations and commit to ensure a safe environment for all team members.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Follow Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and Food Defense guidelines.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Currently enrolled in a Project Management or Mechanical program
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of successful project management.
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Electrical/mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Project management and capital project experience preferred.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent communication, both written and verbal essential in order to be successful in this role
- Always work indoors.
- Often wear safety equipment such as gloves, hair nets, and beard nets.
- Straight shift work.
- Continuous Typing.
- Physical efforts (moderate)
- Sitting involved.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $16.50-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON N1R 7L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person