We are recruiting Heavy Equipment Operators with strong multi-equipment operational skills to work at a remote mine site. This seasonal term position is rotation-based and will follow a three weeks on three weeks off schedule.
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner while cleaning, maintaining, and securing all equipment as directed by legislation, polices, and procedures.
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Completing inspection of equipment being operated and report any problems to supervisor.
- Complying with and understanding of all safety policies, procedures, regulations, maintenance, and practices used in operation of heavy equipment.
- Conducting pre-operational checks on equipment.
- Working on slopes, assisting with small lifts.
- Performing other duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Follow all safe work practices and procedures
- Have strong skills and experience in the operation of assigned heavy equipment particularly; Excavator, Packer, Dozer, Haul Truck, Loader
- Experience with Kotmatsu equipment, particularly 785 and 830E Haul Trucks, would be an asset
- Be reliable and dependable with the ability to take the initiative on job plans
- Have sound organization and communication skills with the ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships are required
- Possess experience working at a remote location
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Meet the physical requirements of the position
- Possess a Heavy Equipment Operator certificate and have 3-5 years’ experience.
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision. Previous site experience required.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- heavy equipment operator: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person