Position Title: General Labour
Reports to: Facility Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor, the General Labour must enjoy working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Be able to follow verbal instructions well, work with dangerous goods and be able to operate small to large-size equipment. General Labour are expected to handle waste in a timely and effective manner. This includes identifying waste it is comes in, consolidating into larger containers, preparing for transportation, and building loads to send to end receivers. Additionally, this job will require periodic travel to do project related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for Identifying, handling and preparing waste in accordance with legislation and TDG regulations;
- Providing great customer interactions, both at KBL and while representing KBL;
- Completing customer pick ups and drop offs;
- Completing equipment inspections and doing daily maintenance as needed to ensure safe operations of equipment;
- Providing Supervisor with all required information to complete paperwork;
- Filling out load sheets and load inventories;
- Loading and unloading trailers and customer drop offs;
- Ensure Safe Work Practices (SWP’s), follow Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), reporting near misses and all incidents to Supervisor;
- Using visual aids to maintain tidiness of the facility and yard to ensure compliance;
- Filling out consolidation reports for all consolidation;
- Able to work unsupervised in remote areas;
- Able to confidently operate small to large sized equipment safely and confidently;
- And be willing to travel as needed to completed project related work.
Tools, Systems, Equipment and Machinery
- Rubber Tired Loader;
- Pallet jack;
- Skid Steer;
- Various types of processing equipment; and
- Various hand tools.
Operators must be physically fit and able to access critical pieces of the machinery, including entering/exiting trailer boxes. Drivers may be required to install tire chains, and complete physical tasks inside the truck box. Drivers must be able to lift and handle up to 100 lbs.
There can be exposure to chemicals, dust, noise, water, smoke, and bacteria;(appropriate PPE supplied);
- Working indoors and out sometimes in extreme weather in winter months;
- Exposure to wildlife; and
- Exposure to remote areas.
Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions;
- Must be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
- WHMIS Certification – KBL will provide training;
- TDG Certification – KBL will provide training;
- Due to possible exposure immunizations are recommended; and