We are looking for a temporary part-time Manager, Administration & Human Resources to cover a maternity leave at our Saskatoon office! Reporting to the President & CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office as well as overseeing or completing responsibilities related to Human Resources and Administration. This position provides leadership to administrative and office support positions within the office.
March Consulting Associates Inc. (“March”) is an employee- and Indigenous-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering company headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We maintain the values that we began with and made a name for ourselves through our dedication to the development and success of our clients.
March takes pride in providing a family-like culture that supports our client’s needs and the well-being of our employees. We hire the right employees for the long-term, where they can learn and grow their career with the company. We welcome those who have a strong sense of integrity and a passion for the province we live and work in.
March provides engineering, procurement, project, and construction management (EPCM) services to a variety of resource-based industrial and commercial enterprises. In addition, March and its employees have developed specialized expertise in feasibility studies and asset integrity in the heavy industrial sector.
- Drafts organizational policies for review and approval by the leadership team
- Oversees creation, distribution, and filing of sub-contractor contracts and agreements
- Oversees organization of staff functions and lunch & learn events as required
- Member of the Occupational Health Committee
- Assists with organizational strategic planning
- Assists with office space planning and arrangements
HR and Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Updates employee records in HR and Accounting systems
- Reviews market salary data to ensure the competitiveness of salaries and makes recommendations as required
- Maintains the existing job evaluation system to ensure internal equity within the organization
- Works with leadership to understand the workforce needs of the organization and develops plans and strategies to meet workforce requirements
- Provides recruitment services throughout the recruitment life cycle including developing recruitment materials, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and facilitating final candidate selection. Prepares and presents employment offers to final candidates
- Works with existing onboarding practices in alignment with organizational goals. Oversees and supports the completion of the initial onboarding process with employees and oversees the updates to the initial hire package as required
- Provides coaching and assistance to managers on performance management or other issues or questions
- Responsible for employee relations, employee communications, and answering employee questions as required
- Completes the annual performance support system and goal setting process
- Reviews training gaps with the Leadership team and develops or secures training to fill gaps
- Oversees the completion of Canada-Saskatchewan job grant applications
- Completes exit interviews and provides summary reports to leadership
- Completes various reporting for leadership, shareholders, or the Board of Directors as required
- Communicates all payroll-related changes to the Accounting team for payroll processing
- Maintains and administers benefits plans and enrollments
- Maintains and administers RRSP plan including enrollments and terminations
- Reviews drug test results and ensures employee compliance with requirements. Provides clearance reports to employees or clients as required
- Reviews changes in employment legislation and best practices and recommends changes to HR policies as required
Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Represents March at career fairs as required
- Oversees ISNet updates (e.g., insurance, employee, and subcontractor information)
- In consultation with discipline leads, requests for access to files or software packages for new employees
- Works with IT service provider to provide or remove access for employees to computer workstations or programs
- Troubleshoots basic issues in the office including issues with TimeControl and other HR related software packages etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Lead, mentor, and coach the administrative team and participate in performance management process for each team member and provide feedback as necessary
- Lead the functional onboarding process for new team members in the administration department
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent) with a specialization in Human Resources (HR) and a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills specifically related to employee engagement and retention
- Ability to work with leaders and provide coaching and guidance on employment standards and regulations, human rights legislation, and OH&S standards and regulations
- Experience leading a team and providing mentorship to others is preferred
- Experience creating and managing department budgets
- A CPHR designation, prior administration experience and a tech-savvy nature would be considered assets
We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: March offers a comprehensive benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, a health spending account, paid sick time and more!
Work hours: 20 hours per week, hours each day to be agreed upon (Monday – Friday).
Classification: Temporary, 1-year team (approximately November 2023 to November 2024). We will provide one month of training for transition of tasks and responsibilities.
Work location: Saskatoon.
Job Type: Part-time