1080 Wall Street
POSITION: Building Operations Manager
As the Building Facilities Manager you will be responsible for looking after the management and maintenance of the Casa do Minho
Portuguese Centre (CPCM).
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain building and grounds including: setting alarms and locking doors; ground maintenance; janitorial and general building maintenance; garbage and recycling pickup;
- Coordinate set-up and tear-down pre and post events.
- Ensure organizations assets are maintained appropriately including equipment and supplies.
- Operate and care for equipment related to the position.
- Perform/Supervise repairs to building and equipment including contracts and service agreements.
- Respond to emergencies regardless day or time of day (i.e. floods, fire, power failures, HVAC issues, etc.) taking the necessary action required.
- Perform other job and maintenance related duties as required.
- Communicate with Board providing monthly reports detailing any operation issues, expenses.
- Work with volunteers, tenants, and clients to provide information and resolve concerns.
- Contributing to a positive team environment by supporting team members.
- Works from verbal and written instructions and work orders.
- Building maintenance experience and knowledge of chemicals and equipment.
- Technical knowledge of electrical & mechanical equipment upgrades and associated repairs.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage their work day and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify emergencies and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Fluency in Portuguese preferred but not necessary.
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver’s license.
- Living closer tothe Centre an added bonus but not a necessity.
- Part-time – At least 20 hours a week to start with the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet organizational needs.
Late and weekend work may be required.
Applications accepted by mail or email [email protected].
Deadline: October 6th, 2023
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: Up to $800.00 per month
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3E 2R9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06