Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
Our Fredericton office is looking for a Civil Technologist to join their team.
- Assist in the design of municipal projects for linear infrastructure projects and urban development projects.
- Prepare engineer design calculations and technical reports.
- Prepare plan/profile design and drawings for linear infrastructure projects
- Attend client meetings and prepare meeting minutes as required.
- Assist in the preparation of tender specifications for projects.
- Work in the field to gather data for projects using data collectors and survey with portable GIS equipment.
- Site review, as required.
- Other duties as required where appropriate for the position.
- Recent college graduate from a Civil/Municipal Engineering program or a College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- 0-5 years of work experience within the field is preferred.
- CET designation or able to obtain CET designation is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Some experience with surveying equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, Access and AutoCAD/Civil3D.
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate work across multiple teams and job sites.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- A valid G driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required.
Your better starts here
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations:
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.