Senior Systems Specialist
Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and teamwork create a high morale environment with plenty of opportunities to innovate, grow in your career, and never get bored!
As a Systems/Network Specialist, you’ll join a highly skilled team of Infrastructure and Database Specialists that oversees more than 500 servers (>95% virtualized), storage systems, and networks in five data centers and the public cloud. As a member of this team, you will:
- Architect, design, and implement physical and virtual servers, storage, and network infrastructure (on-premise and cloud)
- Maintain security compliance to protect client data and intellectual property
- Optimize network and systems to improve availability, performance, stability, and integrity
- Automate processes to reduce effort and improve quality
- Ensure successful implementation, testing, and improvement of business continuity procedures
- Develop documentation for planning, designs, standards, and procedures
- Identify, analyze, and resolve complex issues related to hardware, software, operating systems, and networks
- Identify and implement proactive measures to prevent issues
- Conduct meetings with internal and external clients to gather and analyze requirements
- Provide training and knowledge transfers
You are perfect for this role if you have…
- Experience gathering requirements, detailed design, and implementation planning for technical solutions
- Conducted root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and effective resolution of complex issues
- Can find and build toolsets to increase productivity (e.g. scripts, utilities)
- Have a deep desire to learn about DevOps technologies as we are making the transition and looking for someone who wants to learn and grow in this direction
- 6+ years experience in designing and maintaining the following:
- Windows servers
- Virtualization stack
- Cloud technologies
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- Windows Server 2012+
- Linux (CentOS)
- Virtualization technology (Microsoft Hyper-V preferred)
- Core services (ADS, DNS, DHCP)
- Switches, routers, and firewalls
- Storage technologies (SAN, DAS)
- Backup and disaster recovery technologies
- Microsoft System Center suite of products (VMM, CM, DPM)
- Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Monitoring systems
- Exposure to Terraform configurations and principles
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree is preferred
- Microsoft certification is desired
You will receive...
- A competitive pay scale commensurate with your skills and expertise
- A generous medical, dental, and vision benefits plan along with matching retirement plans.
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangement
- A work culture that is committed to our core values of Respect, Trust, and Serve. This is evident in our y/o/y turnover rate of less than 7%.
- An opportunity to grow both personally and professionally through our CX Academy.
- Work/life balance is something we are really committed to, not something we just talk about. We believe you should love your work and your play.
- A commitment to corporate transparency with quarterly all-company meetings
- Numerous opportunities to create community through game nights, CX Giving Partnership, summer picnics, our Annual Awards banquet, and lots of other great activities throughout the year.
- A commitment to corporate transparency with monthly, quarterly, and annual all-company meetings.
- A thorough onboarding plan and multiple career growth opportunities.
Our Interview Process:
- HR Interview (via Teams video)
- Technical assessment/video phone screen (via Teams)
- Technical Interview (in office)
- Professional Assessment Profile (online)
- Final Interview with Exec team (in office)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5S 2G2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many times have you configured or built Hyper V or VMWare server clusters?
- How many times have you configured Active Directory?
- How often have you written a PowerShell script or module to automate a task or function?
- How often have you gathered and documented business and functional requirements for an infrastructure project?
- How many times have you used logs and analytical tools to troubleshoot server issues?
- How often have you deployed and configured a Windows Server in production?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB T5S 2G2