Senior Geotechnical Engineer - ( 230003OU )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and our Geotechnical Engineering team provides a solid foundation to our civil projects. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex Geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform Geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
The role of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer provides the opportunity to work on Engineering and Geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Fredericton or Saint John, New Brunswick office, it is expected that your technical skills will help boost the growth of the geotechnical team. We are also open to candidates based in Charlottetown, PEI . This role will allow you to leverage your geotechnical technical skills and project management experience, participating in project work, and provide mentorship to junior staff and assist them with the development of their technical skills.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, commercial/industrial developments, water and wastewater, transmission, and oil & gas.
- Collaborating with our staff to complete Geotechnical Engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare Geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as site preparation, ground improvement options, foundation design (shallow and deep foundations), slope stability, and others.
- Preparing proposals (developing scopes and budgets).
- Reviewing project documents for technical accuracy and competency.
- Project managing multiple geotechnical projects.
- Client and contractor management.
- Overseeing work performed by Technicians and EIT’s.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong commitment to safety
- Familiar with local bylaws, and design codes (e.g., Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual, National Building Code of Canada, CSA-S6-14).
- Strong client, sub-consultant and contractor management experience.
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g., GeoStudio™, LPile, and Settle 3D) considered an asset.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGNB, with P.Eng. designation, or be eligible to obtain a license to practice in New Brunswick.
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential .
- Experience in supervision, guidance, and development, mentoring of junior staff.
- Previous experience working in an engineering consulting environment.
Education and Experience
- A university degree in civil (geotechnical) or geological engineering from an accredited university.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the geology of New Brunswick would be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1216 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 23, 2023, 1:27:50 PM
Req ID: 230003OU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans