Who we are:
West-Wood Industries manufactures high quality, custom wood windows and doors, sold throughout Canada and the United States under the brand name Norwood Windows & Doors. We mill our own wood onsite and are proud of our quality products.
Our facility has over 250,000 sq ft of floor space spread across six buildings where we transform raw lumber into custom doors and windows.
We are proud of what we do! Visit www.norwoodwindows.ca or check out our YouTube page (@NorwoodWindowsDoors).
Position at a Glance:
We are looking for an experienced field technician to perform service and repair on doors and windows manufactured under the Norwood brand. Predominantly serving the Atlantic provinces, the successful candidate based at the factory may be called upon service needs in the Northeast USA, Ontario and Quebec.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this individual will be responsible for completing service work and will be required to travel. Working closely with the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked to complete service work related to our products. In doing so, will be required to travel on site.
What You Can Expect in the Role:
- Perform on-site field service replacement and repairs on Norwood-manufactured doors and windows.
- Interact with builders, installers, and homeowners, providing clear explanations of work and offer guidance related to operation, maintenance and installation.
- Interact closely with factory personnel such as product development, production, sales and management to improve products and services.
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
What You Bring:
- Must have hands on Construction experience working with tools (required)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Preferred background in the manufacture and installation of doors and windows. (asset)
- Woodworking experience. (asset)
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Able up to lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working with heights
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel through Canada and the USA What We Offer:
What We Offer:
- Company vehicle and tools provided.
- Competitive wages
- Casual dress code
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (dental, health & drug coverage)
- Life and AD&D Insurances
We are looking to fill this role right away! Resumes will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scoudouc Road, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (required)
- Lives within the Maritime Provinces (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road