Manager, Full Time, Leadership & Talent Development
Job Code: 7912
Status: Full Time
Location: Providence Care Hospital
Union: Non Union
Wage: $92,410.50 - $108,732.00
Posting Period: Posted Until Filled
Reporting to Chief Human Resources Officer, the Manager, Leadership & Talent Development provides leadership for staff within L&TD portfolio and is accountable for the implementation and evaluation of strategic priorities within the portfolio. This includes: effective leadership development, corporate learning services, employee experience and engagement, recognition strategy and programming, performance planning and development, succession planning, change leadership and organizational development for the organization.
Within this role, the Manager is accountable for contributing to the delivery of of the organizations’ tactics under the strategic directions including consistently demonstrating an awareness and promotion of patient, client, resident and family centered engagement and care.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a related portfolio discipline or a Bachelors’ Degree with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in implementing and designing learning and development programs in a complex professional environment.
- Supervisory experience and/or demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
- Certification in Project Management or Change Management an asset.
- Certification in Instructional Design or Adult Learning an asset.
- Healthcare or public sector experience an asset.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, Implements and evaluates the learning, leadership and talent development strategy.
- Anticipates needs and collaboratively works with Providence Care leaders to utilize tools, applications, data and analytics to identify, communicate, and implement performance development initiatives.
- Leads the development and implementation of leadership development programs that engage all leaders to grow, sustain and position leaders as well as the organization for excellence in service delivery, innovation, and as models within the region and province.
- Takes a systems view as well as the ability to apply a methodical and thorough approach to performance assessments and change readiness assessments.
- Conducts performance gap analysis on individual Leadership & Talent Development constituents as identified.
- Consults with key stakeholders (i.e., Managers, and/or Employee and Labour Relations Consultants regarding performance development, targeted leadership and talent development issues.
- Implements strategic initiatives across the team to enhance the leadership and talent development functions.
- Develops and implements new policies and practices.
Why Work at Providence Care Hospital:
- Specialized sub-acute Care in rehabilitation, mental health services, complex medical management and palliative care
- A hospital striving for excellence in care, education and research
- Committed to people centred approach to care delivery
- Competitive salaries with excellent full-time benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- State of the Art Building with on-site parking
- On-site café and cafeteria with a variety of food options
- Corporate and unit/service specific orientation for new hires
- Focus on Healthy Workplace & Culture of Quality
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Education, mentorship and bursary opportunities
- Fully affiliated with Queen’s University and St. Lawrence College and other academic institutions
- Located on the shores of Lake Ontario surrounded by park land and walking trails
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $92,410.50-$108,732.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person