This is Us
Located in the beautiful South Okanagan, Penticton provides opportunities for year round activities. Whether you’re interested in boating, biking, kite surfing, rock climbing, golf, skiing, fishing, hiking, wine/beer tasting or just kicking back on the beach, Penticton has it all. We are home to multiple world class events including Grand Fondo and an Ironman Triathlon, a championship hockey team, festivals, theatre and concerts. Penticton offers a great lifestyle for singles, couples and families alike.
At Peerless Limited, we offer personalized trailer solutions to our customers. Wedesign and manufacture highly specialized, best-in-class trailers for a variety of industries including oil and gas, forestry, construction, super hauling, and mining in a safety focused environment. Peerless has built its reputation on innovation and quality, offering market-leading models.
Using the foundations of teamwork, respect, integrity, innovation and perseverance, we work hard to create an environment where our team members feel respected and valued. We support environmental initiatives including “No Mow May” to assist the recovery of pollinator populations in Canada.
This is You
You have a strong customer service focus and recognize that what you do in a working day impacts the customer. You can actually explain what teamwork means-for you it is more than just a word. You know the importance of safety in everything you do. Obviously, you have the skill set to meet the needs. You want to be proud of where you work. You like variety and you know your way around tools.
Full time Production Welders
There might not be a “typical” day for you because you will be working on so many different trailer designs.
- Good overall welding ability to finish weld pre-assembled sub-assemblies and full trailers
- Safety-conscious attitude
- Ability to recognize and evaluate problems and contribute to their solution
- Ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and within the parameters of company policies
- Excellent time management skills-you know what to do and that how you do your job impacts the customer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Welder’s certication (minimum completion of 28 week Foundations program)
- WHMIS Certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Forklift and Bobcat experience would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
Work Location: In person
- Boilermakers' Pension Plan: $1.79 per Hour
- Double time overtime after 40 working hours per week
- Signing bonus of $500.00
- $225.00/calendar year Work Boot Allowance after 6 months worked
- $100.00/calendar year Personal Growth Allowance
This is a union position with a starting wage of $26.27 - $28.10 depending on experience per the Collective Agreement.
Peerless Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy and conducts pre-employment testing for safety sensitive positions; including marijuana.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $26.27-$28.10 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- PENTICTON, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-12