JSP Farms is looking for an experienced farm worker to join their team.
JSP Farms is a progressive and innovative family farming operation with modern farming equipment and technology located in Southwest Saskatchewan near Frontier. The farm team prioritizes safety, fun, hard work, and innovation. The farm manager values excellent work ethic, a good sense of humor, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Foreign applicants who possess a Canadian work permit or permanent residency are welcome to apply. We are unable to assist with work permit applications, as such, we will not consider non-permit holders.
This position requires individuals who are comfortable working in an agricultural setting and are able to perform physically demanding tasks. The successful incumbent will be reliable, responsible, and able to work independently or as part of a team. Long hours and evening/weekend work will be required depending on the business operating needs. Prior experience in large-scale grain farming and operation of the relevant equipment (tractors, grain cart, combine etc.) is required.
-Plant, cultivate, and harvest crops according to instructions
-Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
-Apply fertilizers, pesticides, and other chemicals as directed
-Perform general farm maintenance tasks, such as repairing fences and buildings
- A valid drivers license, class 1A preferred
- Experience performing basic maintenance on tractors, augers, pumps, semis, combines, grain carts and grain vacuum.
- Comfortable cleaning bins, mowing grass and spraying weeds around yard sites.
- Basic math skills for measuring and calculating quantities - Ability to use hand tools and operate machinery safely
- Physical stamina for heavy lifting and long hours of outdoor work
- Attention to detail for following instructions and maintaining accuracy
To apply for this position, please send your resume including equipment operating experience to [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-02-05