Automotive Experience a MUST, Canadian Tire is looking for our next leader in our service department! Career minded you will be supported on that journey. This person should be an active listener and doer by ascertaining automotive problems - description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Putting together quotes/estimates by costing tech recommended parts, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
Influencing our reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; respecting the store dealer/ &management plus a team player attitude is a must. You must possess an attitude to learn and grow with the team/management to maximize the shop for the dealer. As this role could be developed into Assistant or Service Manager.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Customer service: 5 years (required)
- service advisor: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person