Marine Thinking is a young, agile, dynamic team in the artificial intelligence (AI) and Robotic technologies industry. We partner with businesses across Atlantic Canada and West Coast marine industries, advancing and improving processing factories’ workflow, work efficiency, and driving higher production efficiency. Our technology at Marine Thinking aims to protect the environment and strengthen the sustainable development of the marine industry. We are looking for a motivated, energetic and talented Sales Manager to join our rapid-growing team. As a Sales Manager you will have the opportunity to earn a sizeable commission on top of your base salary!
Roles and Responsibilities:
In the role of a Sales Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Develop a pipeline through meeting, attending conferences/events, calling, and emailing
- Provide product/service demonstrations and sales presentations
- Work with technical team to provide technically customized products/services to clients
- Driving referral request conversations with current and new customers
- Provide new hires with necessary training, coaching, and guidance to ensure early success as well as career development.
- Provide CRO with timely reviews on employee performance
- Ensure key performance metric targets for sales team are met
- Any other reasonable job responsibilities that assigned
- Up to 50% Domestic and International travel required due to business needs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 5+ years experience in marine technology sales or IT related fields
- Post-secondary in business management or management training is asset.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic industry
- Track record of building, coaching, and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Must be sales minded and be sales target driven.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and oral communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to answer inquiries on time
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and regions as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships and opportunities
- Good working knowledge in the Windows Suite of products
- Quota-attainment record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Strong selling skills, with exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication abilities to work within a professional, team-oriented environment,
- Attention to detail is critical
- Experience in setting goals by defining and prioritizing specific, realistic objectives is required
- Ability to maintain positive, productive relationships with co-workers, peers, management, sales, and production departments and ability to motivate individuals and groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – includes excellent reporting and forecasting skills.
- Ability to recognize market trends by collecting, organizing, and analyzing statistical data
- Ability to remain updated on current technology and trends in the industry
- Independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions, and act in solving problems
- Ability to understand and manage financial and budget reporting
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation as this position involves local travel on a regular basis (and auto insurance coverage per company's policy)
If you are interested in the latest tools and technologies; If you are enthusiastic about taking on new challenges as we continue to push our technology forward, come and join our highly skilled and growing team! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.