Who We Are
Mitten is the original Canadian manufacturer and market leader of vinyl siding. Our continued focus on operational excellence has set the industry benchmark for service, quality, performance and design, backed by the best in class lifetime warranty. As a coast to coast distributor of premium exterior building products we are the link between architects, builders and installers providing an endless variety of business and design solutions. As part of the Cornerstone Building Brands family, we are the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our Canadian made vinyl siding has the largest and boldest colour palette in the industry and our colour matched aluminum, shake, stone, and accessories provide the perfect complements and finishing touches to any project. Our products maximize curb appeal and benefit installers by minimizing labour requirements.
Mitten Building Products is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Mitten Building Products, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
· You will be Part of a Winning Team
· You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
· You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
· You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
· Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
· Additional performance-based compensation depending on your role
· Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
· Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
· Bring yourself fully to work each day
· Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
· Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
· Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
· Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for supporting the Human Resources Department and Health and Safety with various HR projects and administrative tasks. Moreover, the successful candidate will support managers and employees in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, training and development, policy and procedure compliance, attendance and workplace health and safety.
- Be the first/main point of contact for all employees in Manufacturing Plant, providing support for line managers and dealing with employee queries in a helpful and efficient manner.
- Supporting employee lifecycle management processes such as onboarding, termination, personal data changes and other various status changes.
- Maintain up to date employee records in Dayforce and other HR systems. Attention to detail and data integrity are critical.
- Working in close conjunction with the Payroll Team ensuring that all payroll changes are accurately recorded and processed and responding to any initial payroll queries.
- Ownership for completing all paperwork related to employees from new employee paperwork to salary changes, promotions, background checks etc.
- Assist with recruitment as assigned, reporting, event planning, newsletters, benefits and associate file administration
- Create, analyze, and maintain statistical reports for HR and EHS
- File administration and support the onboarding process, including conducting new hire orientation, new hire paperwork, coordinating pre-employment requirements, background checks, security access, cell phones, business cards etc.
- Complete monthly HR headcount, turnover, safety metrics reports for all of Canada
- Assist with inquiries and transactional activities, paperwork such as transfers, leaves, letters of employment, service awards, disability etc.
- Provide project support to Health and Safety in the areas of training, compliance, administration, and project support
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files.
- Provide administrative support for Human Resources team.
- Track monthly and weekly safety inspections and training
- Attend monthly safety committee meetings and generate minutes for the manufacturing team
- Attend bi-monthly labour management meeting and generate meeting minutes.
- Other duties, reports and projects as required to support HR/ EHS.
- 3+ years’ experience in an HR-related supportive role and/or an analytical role. Unionized environment experience or experience in a manufacturing plant is an asset but not required.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business Administration.
- Intermediate to Advance working knowledge of MS office Suite. Must include demonstrated strong Excel skills in creating reports, analyzing data and record keeping.
- Fluent in both English and French.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work effectively (maintaining accuracy and sensitivity) under tight timelines and schedules.
- Proven ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Continuous learner who is willing to embrace change and work an environment with high degree flexibility and adaptability to take on additional tasks.
- Effectively handle HR inquiries in a confidential and timely manner.
Mitten Inc. is also committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Are you proficient in both English and French?
- What are your salary expectations?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Saint-Hubert, QC J3Y 0X1