THIS ROLE CAN BE PERFORMED FROM EITHER CALGARY OR EDMONTON.
NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
NO SPONSORSHIP FOR WORK VISA PROVIDED. MUST BE PRESENT IN CANADA AND ELIGIBLE TO WORK.
Who we are:
The Northwest Skills Institute, NW Skills, is a training organization that delivers skills development and employment programs for individuals seeking work in Canada’s key industries. Our focus is promoting individual and business competitiveness through skills development for:
- Individuals seeking amazing careers, we offer technical courses and vocational certificate programs;
- Employers, looking to hire or enhance their workforce, we offer an assortment of short duration, face-to-face training to upskill workers in key business areas, including train-the-trainer programs;
- For non-profit and social benefit organizations, we are a training partner for employment and skills training programs to prepare their clients for job readiness and employment.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for individuals to join our team of job developers.
This role is key to the success of job seekers and you will act as a case manager. You will be responsible for recruiting participants to programs, managing the relationship with employer partners, placing participants with employers, and supporting both the participant and the employer during the training and job placement.
Type of Work:
- Recruit participants into training and employment programs;
- Assess candidates for fit;
- Case manage participants through training and provide coaching and support;
- Liaise with industry to build strong relationships with employers in high priority sectors;
- Provide job readiness support to participants;
- Introduce participants to employers;
- Work with employers and participants on accommodation strategies to encourage workforce attachment;
- Support team to augment curriculum and lesson plans as needed based on emerging student needs;
- Actively seek feedback from participants and employers to help improve training program.
Who you are:
- A self-motivated individual with outstanding communication skills, ability to work with both employers and clients alike.
- You enjoy conversation and can easily form long-lasting relationships.
- You have an inclusive outlook and can work with individuals from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You have significant experience and comfort developing materials for those will learning challenges such as ESL learners, persons with disabilities, those with limited work experience, mature workers, and potential at-risk youth.
Education and Experience
- Degree or certificate in a relevant discipline, preferably in Human Resources, Social Work or Education.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in recruitment, social work, or case management.
- Experience working with new immigrants, youth, and barriered populations desired.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Certificated Career Development Practitioner desirable
Typical Classroom/office environment
Site visits to employer sites
- Will require access to transportation for site familiarization visits
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 18 months
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-23