Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join our International Tax team and own the following responsibilities:
- Be involved with the provision of tax services to our clients, including our growing public company division
- Understand and continually develop a sound understanding of taxation concepts and efficiently apply your knowledge of taxation to situations affecting our clients
- Propose practical and innovative tax solutions to clients and draw relevant conclusions. This includes preparing & review tax reorganizations and reviewing returns
- Tax consulting activities to include advising on international expansion, inbound expansion into Canada, assistance with tax controversy matters, preparation of tax memorandums and research on complex tax matters
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- Engage in training staff and invest in the professional development of your team
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- You understand your clients' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains, and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
- You have completed your Canadian CPA designation and your In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Tax
- You have 5 of more years of experience in the public accounting industry specializing in Tax
- You possess solid knowledge and understanding of Canadian and International Tax
- You have an extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate tax compliance and planning
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .