What to expect in the role:
You will be working with a team in our "Community Access" program. On this team you will be supporting a variety of individuals and could be working out in the community, in their homes, or in our main facility in the NE. Individuals you support may have diagnoses such as Autism, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Schizophrenia, or other Mental Health conditions or developmental delays. You will follow the individualized support plans for each individual to help them work towards and achieve their goals. The individuals you work with may require personal care, g-tube feedings, for you to drive and accompany them to medical appointments, or possibly assistance in their daily activities.
With a passion for supporting people with disabilities, you will:
- Provide medical, technological, environmental, emotional, physical, and behavioural support
- Drive all aroun the city with the clients throughout the day or at given time
- Accompany individuals to activities, and assist with daily needs/responsibilities such as employment, physical activity, grocery shopping, or swimming.
- Support clients with needs that could include personal care, g-tubes, and mobility such as wheel chairs, walker, lifts, etc.
- Participate in the research, development, and implementation of client programs
- Learn the behavioural support plans to better understand client needs
- Complete required client documentation effectively
This Permanent position is 30 hours/week.
The schedule will be Monday - Friday from 9:00AM - 3:00PM but might require some flexibility in schedule. This position will be suitable for an individual with flexible personality as there will be variety of tasks throughout the day.
The ability to work later hours such as until 5PM will be an asset.
- The starting hourly rate for this position is $21.19/hour
- Mileage is reimbursed at $0.50/km.
- Cost shared benefits will begin after 3 months probation.
- This role includes 4% vacation pay plus an additional 5 flex days after the first 3 months employment.
- All regular staff are eligible to pick up additional casual hours at any of our locations outside of their scheduled hours.
- Minimum of a Canadian Certificate/Diploma in the Human Services sector (equivalencies will be considered)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valid class 5 driver license and a reliable vehicle with minimum $2,000,000 liability insurance by time of hire
- Must be comfortable and flexible with driving any client at any given time
- Must be comfortable with swimming and being around pets
- Comfortable supporting a variety of individuals with different abilities, diagnoses, or behaviours, some of which can be intimidating
- One-year relevant experience in the human services field is preferred and/or pervious experience in a fast pace day program/outreach
- Familiarity with Mental health, Agressive Behaviour, Cerebral Palsy, ADHD and Developmental Delay is an asset
- Previous training or experience with lifts, transfers, or g-tubes
- Current trainings including First Aid/CPR, Medication Administration, Non-violent crisis intervention, Abuse Prevention Response Protocol, Positive Behaviour Supports, etc.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy New Age Services Inc. (NAS Inc.) is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of its staff and of all individuals who enter its workplace. COVID-19 is a respiratory viral infection that has infected millions of individuals across the globe, including Canada. Proof of full vaccination (minimum of two doses) will be mandatory for all NAS Inc. staff.
Why work for New Age Services?
We offer a supportive team environment, ongoing training and developmental opportunities, competitive wages and benefits. We value diversity and believe it makes us stronger - the equal representation of human differences and equal opportunity for growth, advancement, and reward.