The Town of Hay River is accepting applications for the position of Heavy Equipment Operator on a permanent full-time basis.
The Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) is responsible for using/operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to ensure quality municipal services for residents of the Town. Reporting to the Supervisor of Public Works, the HEO operates heavy equipment including trucks, front-end loaders, graders, snowblowers, hydrovacs, rubber tired backhoes and other pieces of equipment. The HEO must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
Duties include but not limited to:
Operate heavy equipment including trucks, front-end loaders, graders, snowblowers, hydrovacs, rubber tired backhoes and other pieces of equipment in order to:
- maintain roads and transportation systems in order to ensure safe roadways within the community.
- assist the water and sewer crews to ensure the water and sewer distribution systems are operating efficiently.
Education and Experience
Heavy Equipment Operator Certification Program plus 5 years relevant experience. Equivalent experience with heavy equipment operation will be considered in lieu of a certificate.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of workplace and equipment safety requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of water and sewer distribution systems
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate front-end loaders, trucks, graders, hydrovacs, snow blowers, rubber tired backhoe and other pieces of heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Service skills
- Hourly range is $31.67 - $41.42 per hour, depending on experience
- Annual housing allowance of $500 per month & comprehensive benefits and pension package
- Free access to the Community Centre and Town programs
- Successful applicants will require Criminal Records Check & Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with air endorsement
Applicants must include a detailed resume and cover letter. Please email the required information to [email protected]
View Full Job Description
- Only those applicants matching what we are looking for will be contacted
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 5 years or more