Dogwood Ltd. in Surrey, BC has an opening for a Foreman / Senior Carpenter. This is a hands-on position related to commercial renovations/repairs while also providing supervision and guidance to field staff and subcontractors.
We provide commercial renovations, tenant improvements and facilities maintenance to renowned commercial clients / businesses in the essential services sector.
If you have carpentry and supervisory skills, and you are interested in working on renovation and maintenance jobs, we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us:
· Teamwork, communication, diversity & inclusion
· Competitive wages
· Benefits package – extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, critical illness, disability insurance, travel medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· RRSP matching
· Company van
· Gas card
· $50 per month phone allowance
· Paid time off (vacation & sick time)
· Opportunities for growth / career path – we foster learning on the job and support apprenticeship programs
· Continued Education / Tuition reimbursement
· On-site leadership, supervision and guidance of service technicians, junior staff and subcontractors.
· Hands-on construction work related to renovations, repairs and tenant improvements.
· Ensure all safety measures are met as per WCB and client specific standards.
· Monitor quality control and ensure standards are met.
· Working from plans and schedules.
· Provide support with estimating / quoting of jobs.
· Interact with clients and customers, representing the company in a professional manner.
· Daily tracking of hours, material and equipment used on each project.
· Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and other departments.
· Provide daily and weekly reports to our office and client.
· 5 years of renovation/facility maintenance experience
· 3+ years of lead hand / supervisory experience required on renovation and tenant improvement projects
· Work on tools is required
· Estimating / quoting experience an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to read drawings/blueprints and schedules is required
· Great communication skills - must have the ability to interact with store or office management in a professional manner
· Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, active listener and critical thinker
· Highly safety-oriented, must comply with health & safety standards
· Effective leadership skills and ability to remain calm under pressure, stay focused and organized
· High attention to detail
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· A criminal background check will be required to work on certain jobsites.
· A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your resume to us. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Dogwood Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We cultivate teamwork and cooperation. If you would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.dogwoodltd.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you available for the occasional night/weekend shift?
- Do you live in the Lower Mainland, BC?
- lead hand/supervisory: 3 years (required)
- Renovation/Facilities Maintenance: 5 years (required)
- English fluently (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person