Founded in 2020, R.N Apex Solutions Ltd, set out itself to be the leading transportation company. Our customers demand service they can count on with every load entrusted to us. You measure our ability to keep your business by several key criteria: on-time delivery, consistently thoughtful service, and anticipation of your needs. R.N Apex Solutions Ltd currently operates in the Canada and USA.
Are you looking for work that doesn't have you stuck in a cubicle all day? Do you enjoy driving? Do you have good customer service skills? If your answer is yes, we have a great job opportunity for you!
Many have taken this on as their full-time career with our company. If you enjoy driving and working independently, this is a great place for you! This is an internal and external hiring position.
As a Truck driver, you are responsible for safe, accurate and efficient delivery of load to customers. While adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures, this safety focused role will plan daily routes, load the truck and complete pre- and post-trip inspections
- Accurate and timely maintenance of e-log
- Pre-trip inspection of tractor-trailer prior to all trips
- Report any incidents of safety violations or security breaches
- Conduct a yard check which includes recording trailer numbers, trailer contents, and seal numbers
- Conduct reefer checks including unit number, reefer settings, and fuel level.
- Seal trailers and verify as required
- Maintain tractor in a respectable and clean condition
- May be required to move freight from the back to the front of the trailer using a manual pallet jack
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
- Must have a safety-first mindset and be self-motivated
- Must have 12 months of verifiable experience
- Possess heavy vehicle driver's license (Class 1 license)
- Must be able to communicate in English – written and verbal
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
- One season winter driving experience
- Successful completion of a DOT drug test
- Road test by approved third-party driving school
- Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days), including no DUI violations in the past five (5) years; no over-the-road preventable accidents (yard accidents will be reviewed); no more than two (2) moving violations in the past two (2) years; no “defensive driving infractions” as outlined in onboarding document
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$30.00 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Truck Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (preferred)