Kent, part of the Retail Division of J. D. Irving LTD, is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between.
Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our business.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Collaborate with Ecommerce, IT team members, and developers to gain in-depth knowledge of enhancements & changes to existing systems, and new developments.
- Participate in planning sessions to define priorities for bug fixes and feature enhancements.
- Design acceptance criteria, and User Acceptance Test Plan for bug fixes and feature enhancements.
- Build test plans supporting project-based upgrades and coordinate the execution of the test plans.
- Execute regression testing of kent.ca and kentpro.ca and connected systems, during sprint cycles.
- Monitor systems, post deployment and report bugs and deficiencies.
Skill, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Education required: College diploma in IT related program
- A minimum of 2 years of related Ecommerce or IT experience.
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset.
- Enjoy and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to shift between rapidly changing priorities.
- Creative, highly organized, self-motivated person.
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
Interested in a career with Kent? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply Online!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.