The Maintenance / Electrical Technician will work as part of the maintenance team responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the facilities, including the cleanliness and upkeep of building repairs and maintenance to all equipment in the building.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, performs electrical work, general carpentry, plumbing, repair, and remodeling projects.
- Assists in the repair and/or installation of various items, systems and/or components.
- Performs routine and long-term preventative maintenance on electrical equipment, building systems and machinery to keep them at optimum operating levels.
- Supports the maintenance work order control process, maintains records and retrieves data related to work performed by using a maintenance software.
- Assists with tasks as directed for the purpose of maintaining attractive facilities and minimizing damage.
- Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Uses proper PPE at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by lead hand or manager.
· Electrician’s license
· Experienced in the operation of equipment used in skilled trades, power and hand tools, etc.; adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials
· A good understanding of current building codes and Occupation Health and Safety Standards
· Knowledge required to perform basic math including calculations
· Ability to read and follow instructions; understand multi-step written and oral instructions
· Aptitude for schedule activities; collating data; and considering a number of factors when using equipment
· Capability of adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules
· Proven problem solving, communication and planning/scheduling skills are essential
· Strong interpersonal skills; display initiative and teamwork mind-set
· Capable of working as part of a solid team
· Comfortable with computers and computerized machinery
· Basic knowledge of plumbing, and carpentry repairs, as well as heating and air-conditioning systems
· Capable of heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
· Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-pace atmosphere
· Possess excellent communication/customer service and organizational skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· CNC Machining knowledge and experience is an asset
· Trades certificate or diploma would be a strong asset
· CPR/First Aid Certificate is an asset
· Forklift Operators Certificate is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person