TouchBistro is looking for Senior Mobile Software Developers (iOS). At TouchBistro, our flagship iOS application is on a 2-week release cadence. Our software development teams deploy changes to our production web and backend stacks over 100 times per week. Development teams are empowered and expected to self-service their own releases, production monitoring, and gradual rollout via feature flags.
We are looking for an experienced developer with a similar mindset to join our team. As a member of TouchBistro, you will be a part of a close-knit group of experienced developers with a birds-eye view of all software development activities at TouchBistro. Our mission is to make our developers productive and fearless, to reduce toil, and to remove obstacles from our product development teams, while building the best restaurant software available in the market. We act as a force multiplier for the teams writing software for our customers.
- Build & maintain developer-facing tools that improve the local development experience
- Maintain a speedy & reliable continuous deployment pipeline, which developers use to deploy their own commits to TestFlight and the App Store
- Build libraries & abstractions that our developers use to build products and features. For example, we've designed systems that make it easy for our developers to manage database transactions, perform structured logging, implement authentication and authorization correctly, and more, so that developers can focus on business problems and not underlying infrastructure
- Performing release engineering activities, along with finding process improvements like decommissioning legacy code, inventing new tools, upgrading to the latest version of XCode or other dependencies, or making sweeping org-wide implementation changes
- Collaboration with members of the Developer Acceleration team across a variety of domains including mobile, distributed systems, web development, systems administration and application security.
All About You
- You are an expert in Swift and/or Objective-C
- You have experience developing native iOS apps in a production setting
- Understanding of computer architecture, concurrency, and other computer science fundamentals
- Experience with Core Data, SQLite, relational databases & normalization
- Experience working in large monorepos, modular codebases with multiple developers, enforcing design patterns and good practices
- You have a thorough understanding of networking protocols (HTTP, Websockets) and RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of dependency management, including binary frameworks, how they are compiled and their different types
- You have a solid understanding of iOS testing practices, including XCTest and XCUITests
- Experience maintaining or consuming continuous integration/deployment pipelines (we use CircleCI, fastlane, XcodeGen, TestFlight, App Store Connect)
- Comfortable with Linux/UNIX systems (basic shell scripting, automation, Makefiles, etc)
- Experience with observability systems (we use Datadog and Sentry extensively for our o11y stack)
- Exposure to systems programming and a little exposure to web development is a plus
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible health and wellness plan
- Parental leave & top up
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Monthly lunches
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Beautiful, brand new office space in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ)
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren't. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.