STATUS: Full-time Term (October 1, 2023 to April 1, 2025)
HOURS: 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm Monday to Friday
LOCATION: 662 Main Street (or Work-From-Home)
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of scheduling MSP staff in accordance with program needs, staff/client ratios, and the current Collective Agreement. The Scheduling Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the continuation of Main Street Project's essential services.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that staffing requirements for each shift are filled, ensuring consistent delivery of program services
- Prepare and organize work schedules ensuring the required number of staff are on duty in every given work shift
- Respond to call from employees that will be absent from work or leaving early and immediately problem solving staffing shortages Maintain scheduling and attendance records
- Answers inquiries from front line staff pertaining to scheduling and staffing, escalating any unresolved concerns to management Respond to scheduling related requests from program managers
- Collaborate with program managers during staff shortages to ensure minimal staffing numbers are met in program areas.
- Verify employee work hours with MSP's payroll department on a regular basis
- Report any form of inconsistency and/or scheduling-related issues in a timely manner being sure not to incur under or overpayment of wages to employees.
- Responsible for accurately entering staff information into a database and updating it as required
- Ensure the scheduling of staff adheres to the Collective Agreement
- Communicates to staff any changes to their working day through various methods of communication.
Create, maintain, and organize schedules for front line staff
- Perform maintenance of all statistics and reports related to staffing and scheduling
- Fosters a strong day to day working relationship with the scheduling coordinator team and program manager team; demonstrates a strong understanding of the program schedules, staff planning and resources within each program area
- Develops a strong working relationship with the payroll and human resources department to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff keeping them informed and ensuring transparency of scheduling decisions made Embody MSP's Mission, Vision and Values in day-to-day work
- Contributes towards a culture where staff feel informed, valued and empowered to give their best
- To ensure that confidentiality and discretion is maintained in the management of staff and participant information
- Provides staffing, scheduling and payroll support to the HR (human resources) department
- Promotes good interpersonal relations between all programs
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post secondary education in a related field is considered an asset
- Experience in a customer service or administrative healthcare position
- Experience scheduling frontline staff in a 24/7 model is considered an asset
- Experience in scheduling software, preferably in Humanity
- Experience in drafting business email correspondence
- Satisfactory Criminal Background, Adult Abuse Registry, and Vulnerable Sector Search
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially verbal/oral communication; able to communicate information in a clear and effective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to resolve conflict and negotiate.
- Be able to multi-task and also display a high level of flexibility
- Able to process, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize facts about an issue so that a decision or judgement can be made; gather information by observing and asking questions.
- Possess good coordination and analytical abilities, has a keen eye for details so as to be able to avoid and/or rectify conflicting schedules
- Excellent computer skills, ability to use web-based scheduling software and MS Office applications.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills, ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret and provide guidance regarding Collective Agreement and employment contract provisions.
- Ability to compile, maintain, analyze and compare necessary staffing reports using scheduling software Ability to maintain confidentiality and apply all applicable Privacy Legislation.
- Understanding of budgetary constraints and impact on staffing.
- Ability to handle pressure situations and meet varied and unexpected demands
- Takes initiative, and demonstrates tact, diplomacy and respect
- Demonstrates understanding of cultural competence
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations.
- Frequent sitting, use of computer, keyboard and phone.
- Work hours are subject to change in order to meet MSP's operational needs to ensure coverage during all hours of operation.
- This role offers the option to work from home if the employee: Has a private, quiet space to work and maintain confidentiality, has the ability to attend occasional on site meeting if required, and is able to communicate through teams, email and phone
Posting Closes: September 29, 2023