Marathon Hardware has 6 locations across Canada and we proudly distribute thousands of innovative products throughout North America. Our products range from decorative hardware, hinges & opening systems, drawers & slides, and kitchen storage accessories. Our roots have been firmly planted in Canada for nearly 30 years. We source products from around the world to find new and innovative solutions to enhance our customer projects. Our people are our core, and our customers are our focus. We take pride in both our team and ability to serve our customers with the utmost professionalism and personability.
We are currently seeking a result driven individual to join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager this individual will be responsible for supporting HR-related administrative duties, full-cycle recruiting, and acting as a point of contact to internal customers. The successful incumbent will possess good problem-solving skills, the ability to gain the trust of colleagues, and exceptional time management skills as this role tackles simultaneous projects.
This temporary, full-time position will work 40 hours per week:
- Schedule would require 8 hours per day 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Duration of the position will be 8 months (With the possibility to extend).
· Partner with Human Resources Manager and Department Managers to create and update job descriptions as needed.
· Develop, plan, and execute efficient recruitment strategies using diverse methodologies.
· Manage the full recruitment cycle of six branches across Canada.
· Conduct background checks and upload backcheck forms to employee profiles.
· Conduct reference checks for selected candidates.
· Assist with preparing offer letters and onboarding new employees into HRIS (ADP).
· Send onboarding and offboarding surveys through HubSpot.
· Prepare and release the new hire announcements through HubSpot.
· Partner with Payroll Department and process employee termination including ROE.
· Collaborate with Human Resources Manager in employee relations matters and process accordingly.
· Keep updated on WorkSafe BC cases and partner with the case managers as needed.
· Provide new employees with benefits package and assist with benefits set up for new employees.
· 1-2yrs of recruitment experience.
· 1-3yrs of Human Resources experience, preferably in Operations background.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a similar field.
· ADP workforce now experience an asset.
· Self motivated individual with ability to multitask and prioritize.
· Strong communication and relationship skills in dealings with internal customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 months
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your salary expectation?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- human resources: 1 year (preferred)
- Recruitment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-15