Rosenau Transport Ltd is hiring a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our Calgary Shop.
- Evening Shift 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Well maintained modern fleet, and facilities !
- Comprehensive Benefit Program & Employee Assistant Plan !
- 100% Employer Paid RSP Plan (after 1 year) !
- Paid orientation & Training; paid time off!
- Yearly Tool Allowance!
- Year round consistent work!
- Lots of opportunities for career advancement!
License: HET - Journeyman & CVI License is required or may consider 4th year apprentice depending on experience.
- Repair and maintain vehicles to minimize downtime and maximum utilization of all company vehicles.
- Stay abreast of maintenance related practices, trends and safety changes that affect maintenance activities.
- Ensure all repair work is done to thoroughly to manufacturers specifications.
- Keep work area clean.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed.
- Maintain tools to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Communicate with coworkers to provide or request assistance when needed.
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Perform sundry duties as assigned by the Shop Manager
*Preference for licensed HET mechanics with Transport Truck Maintenance experience. Candidates must have CVI license, good working knowledge of Paccar, Cummins, Detroit engines and After Treatment Systems, Peterbilt, Kenworth and Freightliner.
This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment testing for under company Drug & Alcohol Policy.
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $38.00-$46.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Is there any reason why our mandatory Pre-employment Drug and alcohol screening and Criminal background check would be of concern for you?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person