Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Manager Supply Chain - Warehouse & Logistics to join our Equipment Division in Nisku, AB. We are ideally looking for a candidate based in AB and living in proximity to our Nisku shop however relocation option is available.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain the Warehouse Manager is responsible for promoting Procon’s safety culture and leading a team of employees who are responsible for ensuring the effective organization, direction, and distribution of warehouse services to our internal stakeholders, including material availability, asset recovery activities, materials handling, warehousing, and inventory control.
The Manager is responsible for, adhering to all internal controls and practices, maintaining the highest level of professionalism, and upholding the values of Procon.
The Manager Supply Chain - Warehouse & Logistics is a key member of the Equipment Division. The role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership, guidance, and direction to all warehouse personnel at Procon Mining & Tunnelling warehouse sites (Nisku & all remote project worksites)
- Supervise and assign workloads to warehouse personnel at our Nisku facility.
- Work collaboratively with Project site leadership to ensure strong coordinated supervision warehouse personnel at remote project locations.
- Manage the day-to-day work activities of the warehouse employees ensuring work is done in a safe and professional manner and according to Procon’s HSE and Safety ABSOLUTE Policies.
- Responsible for all shipments, inbound and outbound, from the various Procon sites and our parts and equipment suppliers.
- Manage the placement and labelling of all goods in warehouse and facility buildings (cold storage etc.) where equipment and parts are to be stored.
- Work with Purchasing and various site personnel in gathering information on return manufacturing authorization (RMAs) for overages, shortages, and damaged goods.
- Oversee transportation and freight logistics and assign/arrange resources as required.
- Ensure housekeeping and warehouse facilities are kept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards through pre-designated inspection intervals.
- Collaboration with internal departments to ensure strong cross-functional coordination of warehouse activities in support of operational requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and stewarding of the Warehouse Material Care, Custody, and Control Policy, Standards, and Procedures.
- Ensure all processes are created, implemented, and adhered to.
- Develop and improve EPR technology pertaining to the Warehouse and Logistics functions.
- Develop key metrics for the warehouse function.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of continuous improvement projects related to materials management to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 10 + years of relevant warehouse experience including 5+ year of previous leadership & supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ERP Systems considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Industrial Operations, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Science or Business Mgmt. is considered an asset.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, including intermediate to advanced use of excel.
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop logistics strategies in support of effective and efficient movement of material and equipment.
- A strong presence with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and comfortable dealing with people at various levels of the Organization.
- A strong strategic orientation with an ability to make the most with warehouse and laydown space across multiple locations and projects.
- A track record of collaboration and influencing skills with an ability to build credibility and successful relationships with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project/work sites across British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
- Unquestioned business ethics, personal integrity, and a capability to promote the values and culture of the Company.
- Candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Group RRSP
- Leading Extended Health Care benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous and minority groups representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nisku, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Warehouse: 8 years (required)
- supply chain management: 8 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person