- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Duration: January to April 2024
- Please note that employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a Canadian criminal record check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
Required: Resume, Transcript
Optional: Cover Letter
- This posting will remain open until the role has been filled, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for interview requests.
Safe Software is looking for a Quality Analyst Intern to join our Product Development team to support the software testing and quality assurance processes for our FME Form/Engine product.
In order to provide the best onboarding and mentorship experience, this position will require the intern to work on-premise at least 2 days per week at our office based in Surrey, BC, Canada. The remaining 3 days can be worked remotely from home.
Our Product Development department spans across our entire FME product platform (Form/Engine, Server, Cloud, and Mobile) and is subdivided into specialized cross-functional teams that support the development cycle from end-to-end.
This upcoming semester, we are hiring for a Quality Analyst Intern to join our Geometry development team. Within this team, you’ll work closely with developers, quality analysts, a product manager and a UX/UI designer to help ensure that FME’s reputation for excellence is upheld by the quality of our FME Form/Engine product. It all begins with a phenomenal end user experience. Our Geometry team focuses on designing and refining tools to represent, analyze, and transform spatial data.
As a Quality Analyst Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Test new (and existing) features in the latest beta software
- Create, design and execute automated tests
- Produce clear and concise defect reports and enhancement requests
- Participate and share ideas in daily team stand-up meetings
- Collaborate with other team members to improve software testing best practices
- Learn and explore new and existing technologies in your day-to-day work term
Safe Software evaluates applicants based on their passion and skill with technology. That said, having experience with some of the following areas is an asset.
- Good understanding of testing techniques and strategies and their application
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with command line interface
- Effective communication skills to convey technical topics (synchronously and asynchronously)
- Works well independently and in a team with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and eager to both teach and learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and ask questions as needed
- Ability to collaborate effectively and exchange meaningful feedback
- Ability to think analytically and propose solutions to solve problems
Desired skills / Bonus points
- Previous experience in software testing and quality assurance
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is an asset
- Experience developing regression and performance system regression tests
- Experience creating tests using automated test frameworks for Form applications
- Practice writing clear and concise stories or defect reports
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum
- Familiarity with testing on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, macOS, and ARM
When you choose an internship with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Be a part of the solution. Get involved in hands-on projects that matter to you (and us) that challenge your critical thinking and help take your skills to the next level.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and support.
- Mentorship: Learn from a team of experienced mentors and technical leaders who will support your development. 1 in 4 of our current staff started as student interns!
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of an organization that finds meaningful ways to give back.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Student interns enjoy 4% vacation pay to allow for flexibility for time off during your term.
- Fun: Participate in team building activities to let loose and have fun! Check out our Takeover Tuesday and #LifeAtSafe Instagram highlight reels to see what a work term at Safe is like.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME - the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].