MavTek is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
We're looking for the Senior Backend Developer of Our Dreams. It might be you.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you'll be helping us deliver accessible, robust, and secure technologies that enable modern digital payments and financial services that drive MavTek's growth and success. We are the input of income for our lovely content creators, they are sellers, and we are the payment facilitators. We work tirelessly to make it possible to connect the seller content to their members.
Sure, MavTek looks good on paper. But we're so much more
Since entering Montreal's tech scene 8 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We're looking for a Senior Backend Developer who is innovative, eager to own their success, and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that's as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, and make a real impact not just within our fast-growing company, but in the everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
Make your friends jealous with:
- 4 Day Work Week
- Competitive salary & generous vacation packages
- Remote work policy
- RRSP & DPSP plan to help you prepare for your future
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Home office subsidy, in addition to the essentials including laptop & accessories
- An environment where you can grow and gain opportunities for development and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous referral program
What your day-to-day life at MavTek looks like:
- Actively engage in Scrum ceremonies alongside your team; collaborate and share progress reports with your colleagues, effectively troubleshoot any challenges, synchronize endeavours towards sprint objectives and advance in accordance with agile principles
- Contribute high-quality code to large and medium-sized features, taking control of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from planning to release
- Contribute to system architecture discussions and future technical roadmap, whilst being able to balance business needs and technical needs
- Review team members' pull requests, maintain constructive feedback and help assess testing or security risks across the work being produced
- Improve the observability across our AWS CloudWatch & Datadog solutions and help mitigate errors through o11y and identify/assess/respond to incidents, as needed
- Engage in discussions and work collaboratively with the Product team to assess usability, feasibility, planning, and implementation.
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
- Strong background in NodeJS, and basic knowledge of PHP, as the team uses these interchangeably. However, our technical direction points to NodeJS+Typescript, yet you'll find some legacy projects across other programming languages such as PHP, Python, and Java
- You believe in the value of tests, be it unit, integration, acceptance, or other, and you actively implement design patterns, and your preferred style of working is to integrate these alongside your code
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud and are comfortable designing solutions in the cloud and working with Infrastructure-as-Code, Serverless, and observability
- You are perfectly comfortable with a "you build it, you own it" mindset
- You value and seek individual contributions but you also understand team deliverables have a larger and more substantial impact.
Language of work for positions permanently located in Quebec
Knowledge of French is required for positions permanently located in Quebec so candidates can communicate with their colleagues and suppliers in Quebec as necessary. French-language training is offered to all in permanent positions in Quebec who do not have a good knowledge of French.
Other language requirement
Another language is required for this position in order to communicate with clients, partners, and colleagues, who are predominantly located outside Quebec. The company has just one client in Quebec but is responsible for the technical support that this client provides to its subscribers, almost all of whom are located outside Quebec. It must therefore constantly use another language to communicate outside Quebec with these subscribers.
You'll be Joining other MavTek Matches:
We're DJ's, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters, and everything in between. We're fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we're making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you're inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.