Hours per week
24 (3 days)
Up to £90,000 p/a (£150,000 p/a FTE)
2nd October 2023
Are you an outstanding Consultant Psychiatrist looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent part-time (3 days per week) opportunity at a highly reputable hospital in London.
The role is based at a 20-bed male Acute ward. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for individuals who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. The role is fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC Registered on the Specialist Register for General Adult Psychiatry & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Approved Clinician Status or able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 or able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Experienced & knowledgeable in General Adult Psychiatry
- Knowledgeable of current issues in General Adult Psychiatry and the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.