Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as an Accounting Technician. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist with compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with the government regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Accounting certificate or bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is considered an asset)
- Entry level to 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience preparing T4s and T5s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax is preferred
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!