At Westinghouse, innovation is in our DNA. We are creative. We think differently. We reimagine the possible across the nuclear industry every day. We continuously work towards providing cutting-edge products and services that are not only needed for today, but for our tomorrow.
Yet, thinking differently must go beyond our technical applications and products. We must incorporate innovation into all aspects of our business. In doing so, we can drive greater efficiency, create greater growth and strengthen our culture.
One area where innovative thinking can be impactful is sustainability. Protecting our planet and restoring our earth are not abstract concepts because of the carbon-free technology our teams create and deploy. From the efficient and economical AP1000 nuclear plant to the new eVinci micro-reactor for remote energy applications, we are leading the way with the development of new nuclear technologies that will enable us to share the benefits of this reliable, clean, safe and economical source of energy for generations to come.
Focused on our customers’ success, Westinghouse is committed to delivering innovative nuclear energy solutions by leveraging our global insights, CANDU expertise, collaborative mindset, and best-in-class technology. We are proud to play a key role in accelerating Canada’s energy sustainability and achieving its net-zero goals.
Fueled by a team of more than 200 experts in 6 offices across Canada, we have been advancing the art and science of nuclear power plant design and operations for more than 60 years. When it comes to operating nuclear power plants, utilities need a partner that understands what it takes to maximize safety, performance, and longevity. Westinghouse is the proven choice for end-to-end services and technologies from fuel manufacturing through to decommissioning and waste management.
Principal Quality Assurance Specialist – Peterborough, Ontario, Canada (On-site)
About the Opportunity
Westinghouse Electric Canada is a leading supplier of custom equipment, process systems and engineering consultant services for the Nuclear industry in Canada. The successful candidate will join an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions. As a part of our growing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for prescribed QA activities to support successful execution of custom Manufacturing projects.
What will you do?
Your day to day:
- Interpret customer orders, product specifications, drawings, and applicable codes and standards and translate them into detailed QA documents (e.g. Inspection and Test Plans, procedures, etc) to ensure the products will meet the specified requirements
- Conduct quality surveillance activities and prepare detailed reports.
- Control release and distribution of project-specific documentation.
- Review incoming material documentation
- Provide periodic shop oversight, including witnessing NDE and testing, and verification of test reports.
- Interface with various suppliers, customer representatives and regulatory authorities on issues related to quality and compliance.
- Assist in preparing final deliverable documentation packages for products.
- Research and provide feedback to the Quality Team Lead on issues related to quality and compliance.
- Provide QA support for the sales department to respond to new opportunities.
- Estimate QA effort to execute proposed projects.
What will you bring?
Who you are:
- Knowledge of, and experience (5-10 years) in application of quality standards for manufacturing
- Computer literacy and proficiency in various software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Interpret technical drawings
- Technical or manufacturing experience / familiarity [knowledge of manufacturing procedures and processes for shop fabrication (e.g. machining, welding, heat treatment)].
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques, welding procedures or specifications and associated inspection techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in application of the following quality standards for manufacturing low volume, custom designed components and equipment:
- CSA N299 series
- CSA N285.0, B51
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section III, VIII
- ASME NQA-1
- Experience with standard metrology equipment (e.g. verniers, dial indicators, gauge blocks)
- Knowledge of application of non-destructive examination (NDE) processes and various inspection equipment as applicable to high quality custom fabrications and pressure retaining equipment
- Working knowledge of commercial grade dedication and its application
- Experience and/or background in auditing practices.
- Experience interfacing with customer representatives and also providing oversight of vendors.
What will you get?
Westinghouse is a firm believer in fostering a workplace that is powered by inclusive leaders, teams and culture. This commitment separates us as a leader in our industry and differentiates from our competition. You will be working closely with global leaders who will support your development through coaching and managing opportunities. Together, and using the talents of our employees, we will advance technology and services to power a clean, carbon-free future.
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In Canada the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations, Flextime, Sick/Personal and Holidays
- We encourage healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules and with the potential to work from anywhere in Canada
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you and your family
- Incredible opportunity for growth in an innovation driven, global company
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral and Recognition Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting http://www.westinghousenuclear.com.
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.