Precious Cargo CSS is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Airdrie, AB. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Director of Operations and the executive management team. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations and the executive management team to ensure that all aspects of the organization’s operations are running smoothly. This position will also be responsible for a variety of other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and the executive management team. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and possess strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the executive management team, including but not limited to:
- Liaise between Program Director, Program Manager, employees and/or clients.
- Oversee agency personnel: assigning, scheduling, coaching, applying policies and procedures.
- Ensure management is updated on day-to-day operations; ensure daily correspondence is distributed in a timely manner.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and client-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Participate in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in network meetings / collaborative service approach.
- Resolve and problem solve issues as they arise
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in data entry and data processing
- Assist with special projects as directed by the executive management team or director of operations
- Other duties as assigned by the executive management team or director of operations
- Minimum Administrative diploma or Human Services diploma or equivalent;
- 1-5 years’ experience in an Administrative/ Human service capacity;
- A working knowledge of working with and supporting vulnerable populations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- A pleasant demeanor and the ability to work well with others;
- An excellent eye for detail and a high level of accuracy;
- An ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- People management, promoting process improvement.
- Able to adapt quickly when new priorities are assigned or changes occur in company policies or procedures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and productivity.
- Financial planning and strategy, strategic planning.
- Able to work independently when needed.
- Must have class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 21-28 per week
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Airdrie, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-27
Expected start date: 2023-08-25