Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What you will do:
Actively contribute to shaping a sustainable future while staying at the cutting edge of decarbonization efforts.
As an Energy and Decarbonization Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our customers and partners, helping them navigate the complex challenges of energy efficiency and decarbonization. By leveraging our cutting-edge technologies, ground-breaking solutions, and extensive industry expertise, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our customers' sustainability goals, driving meaningful change across various sectors, and impacting the environment and the global fight against climate change.
- Work closely with clients and the business development team to understand clients’ strategic goals.
- Conduct comprehensive facility energy audits, leveraging your expertise to identify and recommend facility improvement measures (FIMs) and capital renewal opportunities related to energy efficiency enhancements and decarbonization.
- Take or supervise equipment measurements, data logging, and equipment trending and where applicable use state-of-the-art Siemens technology to gather data and determine energy savings potential.
- Perform thorough utility bill analysis, developing energy intensity indices that provide valuable insights into energy consumption patterns.
- Identify potential utility supply-side opportunities, allowing our customers to optimize their energy usage and reduce their environmental impact.
- Develop design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and backup data to verify FIMS.
- Utilize financial spreadsheets and models to prepare project cost and savings analyses, demonstrating the return on investment (ROI), life cycle costing, and internal rate of return.
- Provide valuable project development assistance, supporting the sale of standalone energy service projects or the development of LEED sustainable solutions.
- Engage in client meetings and presentations.
- Lead or support the development of preliminary and final performance contracting proposals.
- Collaborate on developing measurement and verification (M&V) contract documents, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of performance data. Your attention to detail and adherence to M&V protocols will be critical in preparing performance assurance reports that validate the success of implemented energy efficiency measures.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of Energy Engineering experience with large HVAC Retrofit, Mechanical, Electrical and Controls Projects, including Performance Assurance (Measurement & verification) experience
- Knowledge of building electrical systems, lighting systems, central heating/cooling plants, building envelope and domestic water systems
- Knowledge of alternative energy systems including cogeneration, solar PV and solar thermal systems
- Knowledge of common building, HVAC and electrical building codes
- Knowledge of Measurement & Verification protocols, such as IPMPV
- General knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project or alternate Project Management Software
- Communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with contractors, consultants and customer representatives
- Professional engineering designation and/or CMPV certification and/or LEED designation is a definitive asset.
- A passion for decarbonization, innovation, and making a difference towards a more sustainable future.
- Excellant verbal and written communication skills in French, mandatory
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, an asset work with colleagues on the national team and projects
Ability and willingness to travel on site to meet with client
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.