The drum that beats in all of us at Kit and Ace, the beat that brought us together and drives us forward, is Optimism. This beat inspires our clothing, our retail experiences, and our community partnerships — it is the heart & soul of our Culture. Simply put, Kit and Ace is committed to creating exciting new products that are Smart, Easy to Love, and Built to Last, and to bring to life ideas that make everyday brighter (maybe even awesome).
If you like the sounds of this, we’d love to meet you.
As Junior Shop Director, you will be responsible for certain aspects of the business as assigned by The Shop Director. You are accountable for all the store operations and functions when The Shop Director is absent and treat the showroom as if it were your own. The Junior Shop Director coaches and mentors the team in leading lives of their own design and creating exceptional experiences inside and outside of the showroom. You will lead through creativity, entrepreneurship and authentic relationship building. You will have a strong understanding of all aspects of the business and are well connected to the showrooms offline and online social network.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performanc
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Assist The Shop Director in developing innovative strategies that support business, brand, culture and people growth that result in driving top line sales
- Understand the importance of customer experience and continuously creates an unexpected and noteworthy experience
- Support and build successful teams through clear, effective communication and development tools
- You are The Shop Director's “partner in crime” in all areas of the business and potential successor to The Shop Director
- You support The Shop Director in key areas of the business consisting of, but not exclusive to, P&L ownership via expense and people management, and quarterly sales plans
- Responsible for identifying and developing your own successor
- Actively build relationships within the cities social network via social programs, supper clubs, key relationships, shop events, etc.
- Assist in the hire and development of an exceptional team that is able to drive strategy and produce results
- 1-2 years of management experience in a fast paced and highly flexible environment
- An undergraduate business related degree or diploma is an asset
- An emerging leader with documented success in leading projects and teams
- You are a visionary and have the ability to see the big picture
- Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
- An exceptional communicator, both internal and external
- A relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood - a true connector - out and about building key relationships
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Support in additional duties as directed by The Shop Director
Reports to: Shop Director
Working Team: ShopTeam
Working Closely With: All other business departments
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format.
In your cover letter please describe what optimism means to you, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person