Welcome! - Banff Park Lodge collection of hotels operates 3 properties - Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel & Conference Center, Bow View Lodge, and Peaks Hotel & Suites - all with an ideal location, steps away from lively downtown Banff on one side and from peaceful, glacier-fed Bow River on the other.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as Bartender, a team which works to create the best experiences for our guests and fellow staff.
We are proud to say that we are a Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter Signatory and we welcome people of all lifestyles, origins, beliefs and other.
- Term bonus up to $1,050.
- Staff accommodation from $8.00 per day (based on availability).
- Discount on hotel rooms and on food and drinks in our 2 in-house restaurants.
- Staff Cafeteria offering meals for $2.37.
- Health benefits available after 6 months of employment.
- Use of corporate Canoe pass at Banff Canoe Club.
- Monthly staff socials.
- Refer a friend and receive up to $300.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to provide memorable dining experiences, exceeding our guests’ expectations
- To have full knowledge of all food and beverage menus in the Terrace Lounge and La Terrazza restaurant.
- Assist guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
- Serve, clear and reset tables in a timely manner and assist with in room dining orders
- Maintain a clean and well stocked environment for our guests
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the restaurant policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure effective working relationships and clear communication with all colleagues and leaders in the restaurant and other departments
- Utilize the environmental mission statement as a guideline for all operations
- Constant walking and standing throughout shift; occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs; frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Previous Fine Dining Food & Beverage experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale System preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player
- Proficient in the English language, second language is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$15.75 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- When is your available start date?
- We provide support in the recruitment process to candidates with accessibility needs. Please confirm if you require any adjustments.
- Please state your pronoun (optional)
- Do you require staff accommodation?
- How long do you plan to work with us?
- Bartending: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person