Our client is a Toronto-based IT Consulting and Custom Development firm. They are seeking additional contractors to supplement their team for some long-term projects (12 months plus), providing subject matter expertise to Azure Cloud Engineering initiatives as they relate to the design, implementation and support of major public/private cloud technologies and automation tooling in a multi-platform environment. Plans for a rapidly evolving product and service landscape including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and network/security related solutions.
This is a 12-month contract role requiring corp-to-corp invoicing and payments. Providing subject matter expertise to Azure Cloud Engineering initiatives as they relate to the design, implementation and support of major public/private cloud technologies and automation tooling in a multi-platform environment. Plans for a rapidly evolving product and service landscape including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and network/security related solutions.
As a member of the Azure Cloud Engineering team you would provide technical leadership, standards and best practices to Technology teams during design, build, configuration, implementation and maintenance phases of initiatives/projects involving application/infrastructure deployments and level-3 support to resolve technology related incidents. Determine standards and Implementation Decide how infrastructure is built and recommends infrastructure standards for organization Orchestration and Automation in a public/private cloud environment. Conduct major studies regarding system usage, makes recommendations for improvements, and determines Orchestration/Automation adoption opportunities. Design, develop and test public/private Cloud Service capabilities to meet or exceed business demands. Deliver transformational changes at an Organizational level through processes and workflows.
Leadership & Communication – Collaborate with senior leaders across the company and make informed recommendations to enhance Mobility related solutions. Weigh business needs against technology offerings, security concerns and provide recommendations to improve the user experience, which are practical and achievable.
Governance – Proactively contribute to governance initiatives in the development of company policies, audit requirements etc. Provide technical or business guidance to clients within and outside your own department.
Minimum of 2-3 years of support and implementation experience of Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes on public/private cloud. Windows, Linux/Unix and Middleware tier.
Demonstrate experience in
- delivering transformational changes at an organizational level through processes and workflows.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience with Systems Software Infrastructure including knowledge of the existing and planned software technology and the global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
It’s an asset if you have ITIL foundation certified / experience
Strong knowledge of:
- IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
- ability to use and administer the organization's technology practices, standards and procedures appropriately to diverse situations.
- Facilitate Configuration and work with Release Management tools.
- Provide automation expertise within core automation DevOPS tool chain and orchestration
- expertise in SSP, Provisioning, Public cloud, preferably with experience in ServiceNow, Ansible and Open Source Software such as Openshift Container Platform (OCP),
- familiarity with tools such as GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, and Continuous Integration (CI) systems.
- understanding of Microsoft's Azure, Azure ARM Templating, Azure DevOps Pipeline implementation of “infrastructure as code” deliveries, and templating/delivery of Firewalls, Azure ExpressRoute & IPSec Tunnels, Azure Virtual WAN, WAF and other network and security components of Azure