The Manager, Talent Management will administer culture & change management initiatives and programs that will enable ESA's strategy, including the IDEA Strategy (inclusion, diversity, equity & accessibility) and ensure connections with business metrics, priorities and outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, you will oversee the performance culture and recognition programs, compensation, and employee feedback programs that use various approaches (focus groups, pulse surveys, employee engagement surveys).
The Manager, Talent Management will develop and implement culture & change management practices that address organizational opportunities and generate employee commitment. You will draw linkages between cultural initiatives and business metrics and ensure people leaders have the skills and tools to provide specific, timely, and transparent feedback.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with business partners on programs to increase employees' connection to business priorities and outcomes.
- Monitor employee engagement by developing an employee feedback program that uses a variety of approaches.
- Working closely with the VP of People & Culture, lead and manage Board activities supporting ESA's compensation programs.
- Provide coaching to leaders and audits on goal setting/principle responsibility, performance conversations and reviews.
- Lead the implementation and measurement of ESA's IDEA Strategy by working with business partners to ensure the strategy is supported & reinforced through all areas of their responsibility.
- Participate in salary and labour market surveys.
- Guide and support ESA's employee recognition program(s), including relevant Committees.
- Monitor and analyze external market, competitive intelligence, leading industry trends and best practices on talent strategies, programs, tools, and technology to identify improvement/enhancement opportunities.
Who Are You?
The successful incumbent's consulting skills are at the top of the list. With a focus on Organizational Development, you can leverage them to tailor communication styles to work at all organizational levels, effectively influencing, facilitating, and problem-solving.
- Experienced with implementing organizational initiatives, you can manage multiple initiatives and daily responsibilities.
- Anticipate and understand changing audience needs and business drivers and adapt to meet those needs.
- Gather, analyze and report information regarding the impact of metrics and measures against key business drivers and evolving strategic priorities.
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Education or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Development Psychology, Adult Learning, or Leadership and Learning or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in coaching individuals and/or people leaders and minimum overall experience of 8 years in related roles.
- A certified Human Resources Professional (CHRL) designation is an asset.
- Experience with Performance Management systems such as Hologen is considered an asset.
- Handle multiple projects, including developing timelines, milestones, responsibilities and stakeholder relationships.
- Proven track record of "hands-on" program management for large-scale, complex programs, processes and change initiatives
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office 365
- Superior internal and external relationship-building, influencing and cross-functional partnership skills
- Dedication to the continuous enhancement of skills and knowledge supported by a learning environment.
Why Join ESA?
ESA is one of Ontario's leading employers. By joining our team, you will enter a safety and development-focused environment. We will build on your strengths, appreciate your diversity, provide opportunities for your development and challenge you to be your best.
- A diverse team of empowered professionals working together to achieve common goals
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive pension and benefits plans
- Employee recognition programs
- Professional development
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Program
Please be advised that in relation to all job postings on this webpage, accommodation for persons with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request in accordance with requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act please send your request to [email protected].
The Electrical Safety Authority COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure requires ALL ESA employees to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to date of hire. This is a condition of employment for all employees at ESA to perform their employment responsibilities. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to substantiated grounds (medical or other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code) may ask ESA to validate the exemption and request an accommodation for these rare circumstances. If approved, they will be subject to additional health and safety measures.