Title: Plant Manager
About KA Group
K-Tec is an Earthmoving equipment brand of the K.A. Group which includes 2 other brands: Ashland (Wisconsin), and Metalcraft (Georgia). Located in Rosenort, MB K-Tec Earthmovers believes in providing quality equipment and exceptional customer service to our customers and dealers around the globe. We have a strong team of leaders committed to employee growth and providing validity to innovative continuous improvement ideas. Our passion for shaping the world around us is our motivation to succeed.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Production Manager/Director of Operations will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and leading all of operations within our Manitoba (Rosenort) Manufacturing facility.
- Analyzes the performance and profitability of direct production with the goal to maximize efficiency.
- Develops and Leads K-Tec’s Operational Excellence (Opex) and Continuous Improvement (CI) journey for the entire operation.
- Supports other KA Group brands in Opex requirements as needed.
- Leads all direct labor and indirect functions that support manufacturing.
- Ensures that Planning and Material Leads coordinate their activities to meet the needs of manufacturing to support internal and external customers.
- Executes, and modifies existing procedures and processes as well as develops and deploys new ones as needed.
- Participates in recruitment alongside HR; conducts regular performance reviews and career development of all direct reports.
- Works in a cross-functional, matrixed environment alongside other department leads to assess and resolve issues using various techniques including five-whys and FMEA.
- Ensures and enforces compliance with company policies, ensuring safety and quality standards are met.
- Leads annual capital and operational budgeting process as well as regular (semi-monthly) capacity and volume forecasting for the Rosenort facility.
- Support production team leads with HR needs.
· >5 years of experience in Production Management and team leader experience within a manufacturing company
· Lean Manufacturing training with proven experience leading Kaizen events and 5s/6s deployment
· Background in manufacturing engineering with heavy construction equipment
· Good analytical skills, high level problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Leadership and team management skills
· Working knowledge in ERP systems required.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines
· Budgeting and Forecasting experience.
· Formal Lean Black Belt training and designation would be an asset.
· BSc or diploma in mechanical/design/manufacturing engineering would be considered an asset.
· Experience with multi-site/multi-brand manufacturing
· Welding experience
· CNC and Robotics Programming experience
What KA Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus Program
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Life insurance, and Out of Country Travel Insurance
- Defined Contribution RRSP with Company Match
- Meal Perks
- Free in-house fitness center
- Company Events
- Employee Development Program
KA Group is committed to providing a safe family culture that fosters honesty, transparency, teamwork, and growth. If your interested in joining our team, and seeing what K-Tec can offer, please submit your resume.
For more information about K-Tec, please visit us at https://ktec.com.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Willing to travel to our Rosenort location (35 min south of Winnipeg)
- MIG welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person