Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Biologist to join our growing Environment Team for Ontario. The successful candidate could form part of any of our southern Ontario offices (Ottawa, London, Kitchener, Burlington, Mississauga, Bowmanville). Your role will be developed based on your experience. At a minimum, the goal is to support our team dynamic professionals in the delivery of various types of projects natural heritage reports for a variety of sectors (waterpower, transportation, land development etc.) for public and private clients.
You will have the opportunity to take part in our hybrid work model that includes flexible work hours, working from home and in on of our Ontario offices.
This position is more heavily focused on the report writing and analysis side of consulting will some opportunities to assist with natural heritage inventories (i.e., species at risk, and various fauna and flora). The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience with assessing potential impacts to the natural environment and obtaining permits (i.e., species at risk).
- Analyse data and assess potential impacts to natural heritage features
- Draft requests for authorizations and permits for both small and large-scale projects in various types of environments
- Understanding of the requirements of various flora and fauna inventories.
- Ability to develop monitoring programs (i.e., pre- and post- construction monitoring programs etc.)
- Carry out data compilation, environmental monitoring on construction and ensure data quality control
- Participate in the drafting of impact evaluation reports, ecological studies, and environmental specifications, as well as other technical reports
- Participate in the drafting and follow-up of permit and environmental authorization requests with the governmental authorities for the delivery of projects of various sizes and types
- Participate in project management through budget and timeline monitoring
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences with strong Ecology focus
- Minimum 6 years of experience with a focus on the natural environment
- Experience must demonstrate have they allowed you to develop expertise in study design, data collection, natural environment assessments, mitigation, and /or monitoring
- Understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislations and policies
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Alexandra Doroshenko