GFL Environmental is looking for an experienced Red Seal Lead Hand Mechanic to join our team in Coquitlam, British Columbia!
The ideal candidate is seeking an opportunity to work in an innovative environment working with a variety of equipment and will thrive in a positive, team oriented and supportive culture.
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
- Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
- We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics, and vision coverage
- With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations, and growth!
- We appreciate all the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
- We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
- GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance
Why Join TEAM GREEN
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- RRSP & DPSP contribution
- Compressed Work week schedules & excellent Work life balance
- Shift Premiums
- Coveralls provided
- Boot Allowances
- Lead and run the shop, manage employee scheduling, assign work
- Manage inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and part levels are maintained and purchases are within budget
- Obtain quotes & process all vendor repair orders, purchase orders, and invoices; identify solutions, investigate disputes, and process corrections
- Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, CNG, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles. (CNG training provided)
- Experience with engine drive, train structure, welding, hydraulics & electrical malfunctions.
- Experience with diagnostics for large equipment.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Perform specialty builds & engine builds
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Possess, provide, and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- Is reliable, responsible for your work & has the right attitude to perform assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- Must be a Red Seal Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Possess inspection license CDL/ CVI / CN or willing to undertake a license
- Must be computer literate, can be trained in software systems and have the willingness to learn
- Experience in mining and/or construction equipment repair & maintenance an asset
Shifts: Weekends & Afternoons only
- Fri, Sat, Sun: 6:00 am - 6:30 pm (3*12)
- Sat, Sun, Mon: 6:00 am - 6:30 pm (3*12)
- Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 2:00pm -12:30 pm (4*10)
- Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri: 2:00pm -12:30 pm (4*10)
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.