SoundThinking is looking for a passionate Regional Sales Director to represent our company and sell our SafetySmart Platform solutions in Canada. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of successfully selling complex solutions in the Canadian public safety market, strong verbal and written communication skills, high level of emotional intelligence, and a trusted advisor mindset. Experienced in also selling and/or presenting to elected officials, prosecutors, and community groups desired.
- Identify target opportunities that are well suited for our solutions and collaborate with marketing on outreach activities.
- Drive and manage an effective consultative sales process, from prospecting to closing deals.
- Develop and apply the skills of becoming a trusted advisor.
- Accurately manage forecast and pipeline using Salesforce.
- Review proposals and participate with Sales Operations in RFI/RFP response process.
- Collaborate with other internal team members to achieve company objectives.
- Develop account strategies and coordinate with other internal sales resources, such as our team of subject matter experts, to execute those strategies.
- Meet with prospective clients both onsite and virtually for presentations and other sales-related activities.
- Work with government relations consultants to educate state, local, and federal stakeholders on benefits of our solutions and identify potential funding sources.
- Attend trade shows/conferences and actively engage attendees.
- Provide status and detailed reporting as requested by senior management on all accounts, opportunities, leads, proposals, and other pertinent information
- Manage business expenses and accurate reporting of activities.
- Participate with rest of company in non-sales activity as requested by management, including but not limited to certain tactical marketing collateral contribution, participation at industry or related events, involvement in company events, participation in demonstrations, etc
- Significant travel within territory required. On average, expect 60% travel.
- 5+ years of experience in successfully selling complex solutions into public safety market
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Engaging presenter
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong, effective problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Proficient in use of SalesForce and accurate forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.
SoundThinking provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SoundThinking complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SoundThinking expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SoundThinking’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact SoundThinking at +1.510.794.3183 or [email protected]
The above salary range is based on a good faith estimate made at the time of publication and may be modified in the future. The pay offered to a candidate may vary within this range depending on factors such as education, experience, and geographic location